Wednesday 13 March 2013

Spring Herb Walks and teaching days 2013

Nettles,  a powerful herb of spring emerging from a bed of Snowdrops- the floral symbol of winter.


21March: on the spring equinox, start the first day of spring learning about herbs.
to start the day,We will sow seeds of medicinal plants,  drink tea made from the same plants and discuss their actions, properties. We can often experience the qualities of plants through tasting them, and spending time with them.  Getting familiar with plants through growing them from seed, through to maturity, flowering and harvest is a great way to learn about medicinal plants. You will come away with a seed tray of a selection of plants.
In the European tradition of 4 element herbal medicine, spring is the season of childhood and youth, the personality type of Sanguine.  So we will focus on herbs to help the sanguine; roman chamomile, valerian, nettle and hawthorn.
We will also make a simple home remedy to take home, using one or more of the herbs we have sown and tasted.
Venue is my home in rodmell where i have my herbal dispensary and where we are building an innovative permaculture garden and forest garden with stunning views of the Ouse valley, lewes and the sea.
Bring a note book and a packed lunch.

11-3pm £35 booking essential

*24 March- Herb Walk
Meet at the Linklater pavilion to explore the medicinal plants growing on the railway Land nature reserve.
The railway land is a fascinating nature reserve as it contains a number of different habitats, right on the edge of town. As you enter there is the post industrial ex railway sidings. The river Winterbourne ends here too pouring its clear light blue waters into the muddy ouse. There are pristine water meadows, and swampy woodland, and we can see it all in the two hours.
Come find garlic mustard, cleavers, nettle, and many other herbs bursting forth with the spring energy.
 3-5pm £15

1May Planting and harvesting  medicinal plants, making remedies.
Use this day to follow on from the first experiential day in March, equally suitable for beginners too.
Explore the Rodmell food and herb forest, one of the most stunning locations you will find for a garden in Sussex. We will taste, explore and make remedies from a small number of plants, sowing seeds and harvesting.
Spring will be in full flow and the first of May (Beltaine) is a magical time in the calender, and i thought a great day for connecting to the land and learning about herbs.
11-3pm £35 Booking essential

5 May - Herb Walk
Downland medicinal plants, on some of my favourite foraging sites.
The area leading up from the prison up to the old route of the race course, and on towards black cap, is a wonderful area with massive diversity of plants. Partly because it is grazed, and because it is ungrazed  and wild. We'll see hypericum, mayflower, vervain, deadly nightshade, and burdock and many others.
Bring a small bag for collecting samples, and a notebook if you want to take notes.
meet at spital Rd by the prison
3-5pm £15

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like your blog,and also like the content,and thank you for provide me so much information. I am on the way of searching Herbal Incense details to be aware on it.

Unknown said...

I was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis at age 50. I was still mobile but now use a cane. I had balance issues and some falling. I only took baclofen as the injectable medicine did seem to help. I was about to try other oral medicines.There has been little if any progress in finding a cure or reliable treatment. My multiple sclerosis got significantly worse and unbearable because of my cognitive thinking.. Last year, i started on a natural multiple sclerosis Herbal therapy from Mbeki Herbal Clinic, i read a lot of positive reviews from patients who used the treatment and i immediately started on it. I had great relief with this herbal treatment. I am doing very much better now, no case of Cognitive thinking or memory Loss,, my multiple sclerosis condition is totally reversed. Visit Mbeki Herbal Clinic website ww w. mbekiherbalclinic. com. This treatment is a miracle!!

Clara david said...

WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are David
Clara I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
breast cancer and her name is David Sandra I and my family have taking her
to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
herbal man who has the root and half to cure all kind of disease and the
herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man for my
younger sister help tHe estado afectado por cáncer durante muchos años. Necesito curarme ahora.o cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me

That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whatsapp him
+2348110114739 for the cure, he will help you out with the
problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
davidclara223@gmail.com or whatsApp me +1(209)2621918

Unknown said...


We are urgently in need of KlDNEY donors for the sum of $500,000.00 USD, WhatsApp or Email for more details:
(customercareunitplc@gmail.com)
WhatsApp +91 779-583-3215