Friday 24 August 2012


Herbal Medicine

       Herbal medicine is both powerful and subtle in its actions, herbs range from the pot of pepper  Piper nigrum which sits as a permanent object on our dining tables, used as a stimulant and carminative to digestion; through to potentially poisonous remedies such as Lily of the valley Convalleria majalis which when used in the right dose and under professional supervision can extend life and wellbeing, through its cardiac glycosides.
Herbal Medicine is integral to the cultural, evolutionary, spiritual and developmental nature of humanity. As well as being the oldest form of medicine in the world it is still today the most widely used form of medicine in the world. Herbal medicine is both a science and an art. It is understood by many means modern and ancient, all have their advantages and limitations.  Modern scientific means such as controlled trials, and laboratory research clearly prove the powerful healing effects of plants on the body. For example the link below:
NHS research shows Hypericum as effective as pharmaceuticals for treatment of depression. (see page 12)
Many of todays pharmaceutical drugs are synthesized from plant medicines.
Empirical understanding of herbal medicine such as the traditional use of plants is passed down the generations of practitioners and lay users.
How plants heal is often culturally defined. In the modern western university training of Herbal medicine we use bio-medical science to explain the actions of plants on the body, yet traditional medical systems such as the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) and Ayurvedic medicine from India have become extremely popular in the West as they help us see an individuals illness in relation to the wider world. We call this holistic medicine and in England we also had such a system until the 18th century. The Greek humoral system explained the actions of herbs based on their energetic actions, and of their balancing the four humours of the body. In clinical practise i find energetic medicine an essential adjunct to understanding modern medical science. Understanding an individual patients pattern of illness is not always explained by a simple medical diagnosis. Each individual will experience illness according to their own constitution and life experiences. Understanding the individual patient is as crucial to healing as understanding the plants and the pathology.

It is the complexity of Herbal remedies that gives them their safe use. I do not use standardised extracts of herbal medicines as they create a a product out of balance with nature, and it is the connecting with nature which i believe gives Herbal medicine its power to heal.
Since i started making my own herbal medicines myself i am more drawn to using local plants. I find that my understanding of a plants uses grows exponentially as i plant seeds, watch the development, harvest and process the plant  myself. However i do use plants from around the world when i cannot find a local which gives me the same effect. My training in Chinese medicine has given me a high regard for Chinese tonic herbs. British Medical herbalists also use many North American herbs such as Echinacea, and Black Cohosh, because in the Nineteenth century  American herbalists who had learned their skills from Native Americans and Pioneers brought a resurgence of Herbal Medicine back to the UK.
Herbal medicine has always been a world wide trade, as can be shown by exotic herbs found in neolithic burial grounds.
Because of intensive agricultural production and todays commercial pressures it is essential that we can trace our food and herbal medicines to safe sources. I only buy herbs from organic growers or small producers i know personally. I believe my hand made herbal remedies to be as good and usually better than most on the market.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good and very useful release, it will help to a individual who will study this weblog properly and know what he/she are studying.herbal incense for sale, This would be very useful and through this blog’s useful material, it will be an motivation to all.

Unknown said...

One of the factors on this web page that definitely like its launched content more about on herbal incenses. I've understand about more useful for solutions.

Unknown said...

Well i am agree with your openion that herbal medicine have efficiency and power of action and giving results. There is lot of plants which have positive impact on human body. My view is that all this type of plants are for us to do research on it and extract the useful items. Anyway this is nice creation posted here. Keep up the right standard.

Clara david said...

WHAT A GREAT MIRACLE THAT I HAVE EVER SEE IN MY LIFE. My names are David
Clara I’m a citizen of USA, My younger sister was sicking of
breast cancer and her name is David Sandra I and my family have taking her
to all kind of hospital in USA still yet no good result. I decided to go to
the internet and search for cancer cure so that was how I find a lady
called peter Lizzy she was testifies to the world about the goodness of a
herbal man who has the root and half to cure all kind of disease and the
herbal man email was there. So I decided to contact the herbal man for my
younger sister help tHe estado afectado por cáncer durante muchos años. Necesito curarme ahora.o cure her breast cancer. I contacted him and told him
my problem he told me that I should not worry that my sister cancer will be
cure, he told me that there is a medicine that he is going to give me that
I will cook it and give it to my sister to drink for one week, so I ask how
can I receive the cure that I am in USA, he told me

That I will pay for the delivery service. The courier service can
transport it to me so he told me the amount I will pay, so my dad paid for
the delivery fee. two days later I receive the cure from the courier
service so I used it as the herbal man instructed me to, before the week
complete my sister cancer was healed and it was like a dream to me not
knowing that it was physical I and my family were very happy about the
miracle of Doctor so my dad wanted to pay him 5 million us dollars the
herbal man did not accept the offer from my dad, but I don't know why he
didn't accept the offer, he only say that I should tell the world about him
and his miracle he perform so am now here to tell the world about him if
you or your relative is having any kind of disease that you can't get from
the hospital please contact dr.sakuraspellalter@gmail.com or whatsapp him
+2348110114739 for the cure, he will help you out with the
problem. And if you need more information about the doctor you can mail me
davidclara223@gmail.com or whatsApp me +1(209)2621918