Thursday 12 November 2009

Herbal Medicine - The Old and the New



Dear Friends

Welcome to my new blog about herbal remedies some of you will know me, but for those that don't I am a trained and for many years practicing medical herbalist. I work with people holistically to promote good health and wellbeing, through herbal medicine, an ancient form of medicine which has adapted through every stage of human civilisation and is as relevant today as ever before.

With our concerns for the future wellbeing of the planet paramount, herbal medicine connects us to the healing power of the earth and the elements. Herbal medicine as a holistic form of healing not only relieves illness, it powerfully ignites the potential for self healing that each of us has within us.

Making my own remedies brings me closer to understanding the insightful medicinal nature of the plants I use. This summer I vowed to explore the abundance available to me growing locally. I was completely surprised and excited by the variety and discovery of lost ingredients which has inspired me to continue to source my materia medica from as local a source as possible and to explore this notion of lost and found.

This sense of rediscovery has inspired and focused me on a new bold journey into the old and lost, a rediscovery of plants that are all around us growing locally but have been forgotten.

In the world of herbal medicine as in life, people seek the new, the novel and the exotic usually at the expense of sound out of date thinking. It is my focus to explore and to combine the contemporary use of herbs with the lost arts and local knowledge of Englands herbal treasury.


The rediscovery of the lost combined with the dynamic thinking of the new. - A fusion for infusion.

Please leave a comment so I now that there are not only like minded people out there, but more importantly that I am not just talking to myself. - Be well - Haskel

1 comment:

Comfrey Cottages said...

you are not talking to yourself:) i just found your blog! looking forward to getting to know you:)